Sunday 13 March 2011

New Toy

So, 

My shiny new team bike arrived at the door on Saturday! The whole U23 NZ Track team will be racing and training on these during the European road season. From the one ride I have done on it I was very impressed. Stiff and responsive and has a bloody smooth to ride. 

New rig.

Big thanks to Trek Europe for sponsoring the team. 

Plans for me now are to head north for the Tour of Northland from the 17th to 20th. Sounds like a cool tour over 4 days with stages all about 100km long. Then it is back to Hamilton for one day to pack then home to Christchurch! Only for a few days though. Days which will be full on trying to get organised and packed for Belg! We catch the big bird out on the 25th. 

Not long after we get there we are into our work with a couple smaller races to find the legs then straight into the Nations Cup races! These are - U23 Tour of Flanders (Belgium) - La Cote Picardie (France) - ZLM Tour (Netherlands). They are all huge races and if I do have enough form to get a start in them, they'll be the hardest races I have done. 

Cheers

WB




1 comment: